Immigration UK – EEA Family Permit

If you are a family member of an EEA national who is either already in the UK, or about to travel here, you can benefit from a European right of free movement.

If you are not yet in the UK, you will need to apply for an EEA Family Permit. This is valid for 6 months and entitles you to live in the UK with your European family member and take employment, run a business or study.

If you are already in the UK, you should read the section on EEA Residence Cards.

Your European family member must either be:

– working in the UK;
– operating a self-employed business;
– studying at a UK institution;* or
– economically self-sufficient, i.e. capable of living from their own financial resources and without recourse to public funds.

For more information, please contact us on 0113 2707002 where you can talk to one of our team, email us on info or by completing our online enquiry form.