Family Law Services – Child Contact

Access rights to children is referred to as contact. Residence determines where the child shall live. The hardest aspect to deal with following a breakdown of a relationship is matters regarding the children.

We can help parents, family members and grandparents in determining matters regarding the children where matters cannot be agreed amicably.

Within the court proceedings an Officer of the Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS) will be in attendance at the first hearing to assist the parties and the judge.

Where an agreement cannot be reached the Court will direct that statements be filed together with a report from CAFCASS. The CAFCASS officer will meet with you, the other party and your child to discuss matters. Whilst the report is to assist parents if it contains clear recommendations and the case proceeds to a final hearing then it is likely the judge will follow that recommendation.

We can help you deal with matters whether you are a parent, grandparent or other family member or friend.

We are experienced in dealing with a wide range of issues relating to children from parental responsibility, taking your child abroad to obtaining court orders.

Simply contact us today on 0113 270 7002 or email us to book a free consultation.